Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cake Box Cookies

Cake Box Cookies

1 box white cake mix
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
Mix together till moistened. Use a tablespoon and drip onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350ยบ for 6-8 minutes or until the edges begin to show a little brown.
They will firm up when they are cool.
Makes 1½ dozen cookies

Frosting
2 c. confectioners sugar
¼ c. shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
enough milk to make it spreading consistency
Cream till smooth and stiff.

I have also tried chocolate cake mix with a 1 cup of peanut butter add to the recipe. It came out really good.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cake mix cookies are AWESOME! They are so fast to make. I've never frosted them before though. I'll have to try that. I usually make them with a chocolate cake mix and then make several different varieties by putting different little candy pieces in each one (Reese's P.B. cups in some, Andes mints in others, M&M's in some, etc.). Thanks for the idea. Mmmmmm...now my mouth is watering for some cookies!

Renee said...

I love the idea to add peanut butter. Thanks!!!!